Information on Our Santa Fe Luxury Resort
Frequently Asked Questions
Check In and Check Out Times
La Posada's standard check-in time is 4:00 p.m. Check-out time is 12:00 p.m.
What are the closest airports and how far away are they?
The Albuquerque Sunport Airport is approximately 50 minutes from our downtown Santa Fe resort near Canyon Road. Santa Fe Municipal Airport has limited commercial service and is located about 20 minutes away.
What is the altitude of Santa Fe and how will that affect me?
Santa Fe is located in the foothills of the Sangre de Christo Mountains, at approximately 7,000 feet above sea level. Adapting to high altitude can take a few days. Drinking extra water can help. High altitude also means faster sunburns. Sunscreen and hats are strongly recommended.
What is the climate like in Santa Fe?
Santa Fe is located in the high desert and, while it has a mild climate, the weather can change quickly. In summer, be prepared for sudden rain showers and expect cool weather in the evenings. July temperatures range from 86 to 56 degrees.
How far is Santa Fe from Denver?
Santa Fe is located 397 miles from Denver - the drive takes approximately six hours.
Are There Dining Venues at the Resort?
Yes -- La Posada is home to one of Santa Fe's top dining destinations, Julia Restaurant. The property also features carefully crafted cocktails at the cozy The Staab House, and seasonal outdoor dining at the Patio Restaurant.
Daily Resort Fee - What Is Included?
La Posada's Santa Fe resort fee includes access to our Spa, fitness center and steam rooms, in-room Wi-Fi access, in-room coffee and Tazo® Teas, complimentary local and 800 numbers, year-round heated swimming pool and hot tub, nightly turndown of our fine Egyptian cotton linen, daily newspaper, in-room laptop safe use and full access to our Business Center. Daily Resort Activities include a variety of programs from arts and culture lectures to fitness events at our Santa Fe hotel.
Mondays (4:00 p.m.)
- Afternoon tea, margarita and tequila tastings
Tuesdays (7:00 p.m.)
- S'mores by the fire
Wednesdays (4:00 p.m.)
- Wine and cheese tastings
Thursdays (3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
- Specialty beer and cheese tasting
Friday afternoons (4:00 p.m.)
- Art tour, history, and chef reception followed by a 45-minute art tour
Saturday and Sunday (9:00 a.m.)
- Yoga classes on the lawn or in the ballroom
La Posada loves our furry friends and they love us.
- Discriminating doggies and other domestic pets can stay with their well-behaved humans for a $75 non-refundable cleaning fee. Plus, you'll get a welcome treat when you check in - BONE Appétit!
- La Posada is ideal for dogs because it is nestled on six landscaped acres and is the only downtown hotel with grounds - perfect for that all important W-A-L-K.
- Of course, that also means your human won't have to take the elevator in the middle of the night when you need to go outside - they simply have to open the door to your room.
- Be sure that your human leaves you in your cozy crate when they leave the room, so the housekeeping staff can clean. Housekeeping does not clean rooms when animals are left uncrated and unattended.
- Your human should also check with our concierge for information on special pet activities and areas throughout Santa Fe. Enjoy your "STAY"!
La Posada strongly supports and practices green initiatives and Hospitality Green LLC has designated the resort a Bronze Member, currently the highest in Santa Fe.