Christmas in Santa Fe
Christmas is right around the corner. Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season – hopefully, spent in Santa Fe! Holiday festivities begin at dusk on Christmas Eve with the annual Canyon Road Farolito Walk. This beloved tradition lights up heart and soul, as thousands of people stroll Canyon Road, which is decorated with farolitos (small, sand-filled bags with votive candles) and luminarias (bonfires). The joyous sounds of carols and friends and families greeting each other fills the air and hot cider is served at many of the galleries along the road. Farolitos and luminarias commemorate the lanterns that lit Mary and Joseph’s way on their quest to find shelter.
Christmas in Fuego
Before or after the farolito walk or, on Christmas Day, plan to gather with loved ones in Fuego for a festive holiday dinner.
Christmas Eve dinner reservations begin at 5:00 pm and Christmas Day seatings are available at 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Feast for just $85 per person or $40 for children 12 and under. Reservations are required, so call Fuego at 505-986-0000.
Christmas Eve and Day Menu
- Charcuterie of Salami, Cappicola, Country Pate, Carrots, Celery, Olives and Sweet Pickles, served with Assorted Breads and Roasted Garlic Spread
- Grilled Shrimp Tamale with Christmas Chile Sauces
- Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, White Anchovies and Rye Crisps with Classic Caesar Dressing
- Winter Pear Bisque, Gorgonzola Creme
- Pan Roasted Duck Breast with Orange Cranberry Stuffing, served with Braised Winter Kale and Broccolini with Port Sauce
- Herb Crusted Leg of Lamb with Pumpkin-Pecan Flan, served with Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Cider Jus
- Pan Seared Chilean Sea Bass with Basmati Rice, Baby Bok Choy and Lemongrass Broth
- Prime Rib with Herbed Potato Souffle, Haricot Verts, Caramelized Pearl Onions and Natural Jus
- Traditional Natillas with Biscochitos
- Pecan Chocolate Tart
- Chocolate Crème Chantilly with Hazelnut Crème Anglaise
- Banana Bread Pudding with Brown Butter Rum Sauce and Dark Chocolate Chips